Wednesday 6 March 2013

Sunset at Bryn-y-Mor

Sunset at Bryn-y-Mor

A landscape in watercolour and pastel
Approximately 33cm x 56cm, mounted in cream museum board and a washed grey and natural pine reversed frame

£500


I have had to photograph this picture in its frame as I forgot to do it before I took it to the framer.
We stay at Bryn-y-Mor every year in September or early October and get spectacular sunsets every time as the house faces west and you can watch the sun sinking slowly into the sea.  There is an outcrop of rock called Dinas Fach, and as I don't speak Welsh, I have not got a clue what it means.  Our dictionary says Dinas means 'City' which seems a bit strange, except along the coast there are the remains of an iron age fort.  It looks a bit like an old man lying, with a very large belly,lying in the sea

No comments:

Post a Comment