Monday 19 November 2012

Graham took me to Bentley's Oyster Bar and Grill for my birthday in early November.  He adores oysters and wanted me to paint a plate of them for my exhibition in May next year. We got there quite early having dropped in at the Royal Academy on the way to see the 'Bronze' exhibition.  They produced a plate with three different kinds of oyster, Mersea, Loch Ryan and Dorset, all on a bed of ice and seaweed.  Sustained by a delicious cup of coffee and later a glass of Sauvignon, I painted as much as I could and Grahamthen devoured them with relish.  I sent the photo of the finished product to Bentley's and they are keen to use the image for their Christmas Card.  I took it to my printers, I-Pixel this morning.  Apparently, I cause them real problems as I use off white paper.  Hopefully he will manage.....

No comments:

Post a Comment